Our commitment to quality, health, safety, the environment and social responsibility.
At NBI we strive each and every day to deliver the highest performing systems and provide the best service in order to fully satisfy our customers and achieve the strategic goals set by our long-term industrial plan – which also calls for environmentally sustainable economic growth while protecting the health and safety of our workers. We do all this guided by such values as integrity, growth, sense of belonging, responsibility and energy, all embodied in the I CARE acronym (made up of the initials in Italian) and by the Astaldi Group code of ethics.
This is why we chose to adopt an Integrated Management System (IMS) that follows the ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 37001:2016, OHSAS 18001:2007 and SA 8000 standards, with the aim of continuously improving our performance and generating greater value for our stakeholders through the dedication and commitment shown by workers at all levels of our organisation. Listening to the needs and expectations of stakeholders and reading the context in which we operate are the basis for defining our goals and measuring our performance. Compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as close attention to safety, respect for the environment and social responsibility are the foundations upon which we have built a solid, ethical business organisation. We also require that our subcontractors and suppliers demonstrate the same commitment regarding health, safety, the environment and social responsibility.
As a company, NBI is also committed to:
• Provide the highest-quality services and superior technological solutions
• Ensure management efficiency and effectiveness by establishing a well-coordinated organisation that can prevent, and if necessary remedy, any problems right from the beginning of work on our projects
• Ensure durability and reliability of our projects and installed systems, in compliance with requirements specified in the contracts and with current laws and technical standards
• Prevent accidents and occupational diseases
• Protect the health and safety of our employees at the workplace by eliminating or reducing risks at the source and implementing protection measures
• Provide training and information to workers, as well as raise awareness, to ensure they perform internal-process tasks and duties safely
• Prevent and mitigate pollution, analysing the environmental aspects associated with the execution of works and services, and scheduling controls and inspections
• Reduce our direct and indirect emissions of greenhouse gases and pollutants into the atmosphere and contribute to the use of renewable energy and greater energy efficiency
• Reduce and manage waste produced by our activities by limiting waste disposal and giving priority to materials recovery
• Respect human rights and the rights for decent working conditions of our employees as well as of suppliers and sub-contractors
• Promoting compliance with anti-corruption legislative obligations
• Ensure equal opportunities for all, avoiding and condemning discriminations of any nature
• Ensure fairness in managing our employees and collaborators in order to create an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect
Bologna, 1 September 2021